8 de enero de 2009

TOWN BOARD ELECTIONS COMING IN MARCH

At 9am yesterday I was going across the border into Chetumal, Mexico. Last week I noted that the grass on the side of the highway was being cut by a government owned machine. The garbage that was then apparent in the fallen bushes was just terrible. I took a mental note of it and decided that I would have to make a comment on it to someone because visitors by road see that when they enter Belize from the North.

Well, like I was saying at 9am yesterday I was going over into Mexico and was greeted by a little army of red t-shirters working away at cleaning the mess on the road side. The UDP candidates of the Corozal Bay Division were busy cleaning. Hats off to these Corozalenos who are doing a wonderful job so we can see what they will be doing for us IF elected as the new Town Board.

I am not one to criticize politicians but a thought entered my head. I HOPE THIS IS NOT ONLY A PRE-ELECTION MOVE. I will be looking on to see if they do the same IF they win the elections. You see, for some reason we only see and hear politicians at election time and that is getting weary.

At this time let me ask that no politician visit my house on their campaign trail. I can't bear to listen to the promises. I was never one for politics and I never will be. Just do your thing and leave me out of it. I will vote on election day and MAY THE BEST PERSONS WIN!

NOTE I SAID PERSONS. IT IS TIME TO STOP THINKING PARTY WISE. LET US LOOK AT THE BEST SET OF PEOPLE. IT IS TIME FOR THEM TO LEARN TO WORK TOGETHER FOR US.

Have a great day.
Ms. B

No hay comentarios: