23 de junio de 2008

HAT OFF TO THE BELIZE FOOTBALL TEAM

The pride of a nation is in its people and the way they think, act and re-act. Brenda A. Ysaguirre

I was out in Chetumal, Mexico on Sunday night when my friend and I stopped to purchase something. He asked the vendor how the Belize- Mexico game went because we had been busy all day and had not seen the game. We were informed that it went in favour of Mexico 7-0.

My reaction will probably be the way every Belizean felt after the game.

NO, I WAS NOT UPSET OR HURT AT ALL. IN FACT I WAS PROUD THAT OUR TEAM, RANKED 172 IN THE FOOTBALL WORLD, HAD BEEN ABLE TO GET THIS FAR. WE HAD MADE HISTORY WHERE FOOTBALL IN BELIZE AND THE INTERNATIONAL WORLD WAS CONCERNED.
I AM A PROUD BELIZEAN, BORN IN MEXICO CITY OF BELIZEAN PARENTS AND I WILL TELL YOU THIS ANY DAY:

WE HAVE ONLY JUST BEGAN!
THAT WAS A GREAT JOB YOU BOYS DID, TEAM BELIZE AND BELIZE AND ALL BELIZEANS ARE PROUD OF YOU! IN OUR HEARTS WE WON. WE WON THE RECOGNITION AND WE WON THE GLORY OF BEING SEEN!

THANKS FOR MAKING BELIZE HAVE ONE MORE THING TO BE PROUD OF!

THIS I AM SURE COMES FROM ALL BELIZEANS. IN THIS LAND OF THE FREE AND HOME OF THE BRAVE YOU ARE NUMBER 1!

No hay comentarios: