24 de julio de 2009

STREETS AND ROADS IN AN IMPOVERISHED NATION?

I am getting back to the idea of writing because just about now it is getting on my nerves that I am not seeing all the development the way it should be.

I live in Corozal Town half the time as I travel back and forth to Mexico daily. Now what really gets me are the roads and streets in Chetumal, Mexico. What really gets me angry is when I have to come over into Belize!!! We drive for approximately 8 miles on a paved road only to hit Corozal Town and pot holes galore.

Last night as I arrived after 11pm back into this jewel I need to remember has been my homeland for most of my life,(being born in Mexico D.F. still gets to me in a good way!!!)I am surprised to fine that the Ministry of Works has paved the highway area that is the entrance of Corozal coming in from Mexico.

THANK GOODness FOR A JOB DONE AT LAST, I THINK. AM I GOING TO BE WRONG????? NOW THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM CAN BE!!! THE ENGINEER HAS DECIDED TO DO PARTS OF THE ROAD AS SOME PARTS WERE DONE EARLIER THIS YEAR. NOW I AM FAR FROM AN ENGINEER BUT I AM AN ENGINEER´S DAUGHTER AND NO FOOL!!! WON´T THERE BE AN EFFECT ON THE ROAD AS WE GO ON AND OFF THE NEW PARTS TO THE OLDER PARTS WHERE THEY MEET BUT ARE NOT THE SAME LEVEL? HAVE WE NOT SEEN IN THE PAST THAT THIS IS WHERE THE ROAD BEGINS IT NEW POTHOLES. THIS IS A ROAD THAT WILL BE TRAFFICKED EVERY SINGLE DAY, ALL DAY LONG!!!!

LORD, give me strength and patience to understand my Belizean people. The average Belizean will say HURRAY!!!! But won´t this end up costing us in the end? I guess we have become a class of people that LIVE FOR TODAY AND WILL LET TOMORROW WORRY ABOUT ITSELF!!! NO LONG TERM PLAN. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME, MONEY AND INCONVIENCE. (Did I just describe our way of life the Caribbean?)

I will enjoy it while it last, that is obvious. And I don´t want to be ungrateful, SO let me say THANK YOU to the Government. But can I please ask that you send people to learn how to make our road better for longer than just 1 year or months? It is a waste of tax payers money!!!

PATIENCE IS ALL I AM GOING TO BEG FOR AS LIFE IN BELIZE CONTINUES THE SAME WAY IT ALWAYS HAS!

HAVE A GREAT DAY AND REMEMBER:

THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS.
( I guess this saying has a really good meaning in this case).

Signing out in Corozal Town, I am, Brenda Ysaguirre and this has be a Look at the way things go in Belize!!! Hahahahahaha.