Pan Dulce WafflesServes 2-4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute in waffle maker
- 2-4 Pieces Mexican Pan Dulce (Conchas work best)
- ¼-cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 5-ounces Cacique® Queso Fresco
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Waffle maker
- Non-stick baking spray
- Create the cheese filling by mixing together Queso Fresco, Crema Mexicana and sugar. Beat on low until it is creamy, it will be a little lumpy, but that’s fine!
- Slice the top off of the concha and carefully remove some of the bread. This will create a cavity to place the filling.
- Place a tablespoon of the filling inside the concha and carefully replace the top.
- In a pre-heated waffle maker, coat with non-stick spray and place the concha in the center. Close the lid. Because the concha is so thick, you’ll need to hold the lid down and slightly press. After a minute or so, lift the lid and use a spatula to carefully remove the concha.
- If you don’t want them to look as flat, don’t press down as hard on the lid. You want them to be crispy around the edges.
- Set on a plate and drizzle with the Crema Mexicana!