Honey Lemon Chia Seed Muffins
Author: Julie Wampler
Recipe type: Dessert, Muffins
Serves: 12 muffins
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
2½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
¾ cup part-skim ricotta cheese (see note below)
½ cup water
¼ cup olive oil
Zest of 2 lemons
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp. chia seeds
2 tbsp. honey, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake
liners and lightly spray them with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta, water, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and egg.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour the wet ingredients into the middle then
mix together with a wooden spoon. Add the chia seeds then gently fold into batter.
5. Evenly divide batter into prepared muffin pan using a large scoop.
6. Bake for 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes then with a pastry brush, gently brush melted honey onto the tops of
8. Cool completely then enjoy!
14 de julio de 2016
Posted by Brenda A. Ysaguirre at 2:00