Belizean Conch Fritters ANOTHER RECIPE
2 cups ground conch (or chopped small for texture)
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 small onion finely chopped
1 bunch cilantro finely chopped
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 med sweet pepper finely chopped
1 cup chopped pineapple (Pineapples aren't normally added to these fritters this is something I do and it's AHMAZING!!)
2 tbsp Ketchup
1 tsp Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Jerk Seasoning
Coconut Oil / Vegetable Oil for frying
1. Clean Conch by peeling off the brown and yellow skin. Chop into small cubes and place into a bowl of water and pure lime juice and rinse it.
2. In a bowl combine chopped onions, green peppers, garlic,cilantro, pineapple, conch and milk.
3. Sift Dry ingredients (baking powder, flour, salt, pepper, jerk seasoning) together and add to the conch mixture. Stir until you have a firm batter. If your batter is too watery just add more flour until you've reached your desired consistency.
4. Heat coconut oil and place a spoon of batter in the hot oil until golden brown. You'll have to flip these over just so you know. Then take them out and place on a tray with paper towel to soak up the oil.
After you've fried all your fritters, about 15 - 20, place them into your plate with a bowl of Chipotle Mayo Dip and enjoy. If you burn the tip of your tongue, then you're eating it right.
Chipotle Mayo Dipping Sauce
1 small-med can Chipotle Peppers
2 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup Pure Lime juice
2 Garlic Cloves
1/4 cup cilantro
1. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend. Pour out into a jar and place in refridge. Enjoy.
26 de febrero de 2016
Posted by Brenda A. Ysaguirre at 2:30