- 500g of ground turkey.
- 1 egg.
- 1/4 cup Panko (can be replaced by breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1 tablespoon dried basil.
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano.
- 25 mozzarella cheese cubes approximately 0.7x 0.7 cm each.
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 400g of tomato sauce.
- Parsley leaves for garnish.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, using your hands, mix turkey meat, the previously beaten egg, Panko, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, basil and dried oregano.
Take a bit of mozzarella cheese and coat with ground meat into a ball about the size of a ping pong ball. Repeat this process using the rest of the pieces of meat and cheese.
Cook meat balls in a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes per side.
Add tomato sauce, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
Decorate the meatballs with grated mozzarella cheese and parsley and serve immediately.
3 de marzo de 2016
Posted by Brenda A. Ysaguirre at 8:00